Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Time for Change.....

For the last year and a half I have been a Sunday School teacher for the 12 & 13 year-olds, a calling I really enjoyed. A member of the Bisphoric called me this week and asked to meet with him on Sunday before church. I knew a new calling was coming. When this happens you start thinking about what the new call could be, Primary, Young Women, nursery, employment specialist, etc. It just about drove me nuts not knowing. As I met with the member of the Bisphoric today he said we would like to release me from my calling in the Sunday School and after prayer the bishop wants to extend to me the calling of Compassionate Service Leader. WOW!!! Relief Society was not even on the list. I have never had a calling in Relief Society and the woman who I'm replacing is absolutely awesome. I have provided food when she has called in the past and she sends a thank you to everyone who answers her call for help. I have some big shoes to fill, no doubt. I feel totally inadequate but I am thankful for this opportunity to grow and the chance to once again work with Sister Little and I pray that I can be in tune and mindful of those sisters in our ward who need help and provide that help in a way that is pleasing to my Lord and Savior. I do have a testimony of the restored gospel and am so very thankful that it is part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment